Over the last two months we have been working tirelessly to bring the Funker community a better experience with more functionality and tools, but this update was heavily focused on improving site performance as well. We are now over 3000 members strong and growing quickly! Thank you to everyone who has supported us through this journey to total independence. The 1.2 update today includes the following changes and fixes:
- Updated login and signup pages with background video and more account details.
- Trending videos now show the top videos for the past 7 days.
- Category titles in the videos rows are now clickable for logged out users.
- New users are now subscribed to all categories by default, and can easily choose to unsubscribe from specific categories, or all categories.
- Increased content width to fill more of the screen on mobile devices.
- YouTube embeds now fill the full player area on desktop
- Featured videos now fill the full player area on video pages
- Moved featured video title above player and removed video details from the home page to optimize space.
- Added new feature links in the profile drop down menu and sidebar for logged in users.
- Optimized position of comment boxes and comment submit button.
- Changed color of user name and comment date in comment area.
- Added placeholder text "Add a public comment..." to comment boxes
- Removed flag option from video tools until we open up more user generated content options.
- Search results previously showed incorrect results. This has been been fixed. Video tags and titles are now taken into account and display by their published date.
- Improved account confirmation email messages to make them look more simple.
- Moved our ad banner placement to be below the video area
- Subscription page is now more intuitive.
- Updated the entire site to the latest version of Python, which was a massive task.
- Upgraded to a new server system which significantly improves performance and reduces expenses.
- Changed the way images are served to viewers which reduces load times and eliminates the missing image errors some users were seeing at times.
Upcoming Updates for February:
- Subscription email notifications will start being sent out for new content uploads. (Delayed from January)
- Comment reply and comment vote notification emails will start being sent out this month.
- Further improvements and features added to the comment system.
- Far more daily content added to the site.
A big thank you goes out to our developers at Hammrtech LLC . Their dedication to this project has been tireless providing 24/7 support and moving our community forward faster than I could have hoped. Contact them for any web development needs you might have if you want a professional and veteran run team on your side!
If you have any recommendations for the site or notice any bugs, please DM the page or email me at [email protected]